Applicants considering the Utah State University Dietetic Internship must meet the following minimum selection criteria to be considered for the internship:
- Applicants must be a graduate of an accredited nutrition/dietetics program with a DPD Verification Statement OR be in the process of completing an accredited nutrition/dietetics program and will receive a DPD Verification Statement or Foreign Dietitian Education program (FDE) upon completion.
- Applicants with a DPD Verification Statement more than 4 years old at the time of application may have to meet additional requirements. Please review our Recency of Education Policy.
- If you are currently in a DPD program, your DPD Director will provide you with a "declaration of intent" form that you will submit with your application.
- Overall DPD GPA of 3.0 or greater:
- This is the combined GPA for the Core Professional and Science DPD Courses on your DPD program's course list. Contact your DPD Director for a copy of the course list.
- The USU DI does not "round up." An applicant with an overall DPD GPA of 2.99 will not be considered.
- No Ds or Fs in any course on your DPD program's course list.
- This includes D+, D, and D-.
- If classes are retaken, the higher grades will be taken into account.
- A minimum of 400 hours of work or volunteer experience. Please review our list of Work and Volunteer Experience and how to include this information in your application.
- Hours completed as a requirement of your DPD program cannot be counted toward your total 400 hours. However, you are encouraged to include them on your application as they will reflect your overall experience.
- The USU DI might not count the same number of hours that an applicant lists on the application. Therefore, applicants are advised to record all potential sources of hours to be considered.
- The USU DI does not require the GRE. TOEFL is not required at time of application, but may be required for some international students. Please contact the USU DI with any questions.
Applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria and submit all required documentation with their application will be invited for a phone interview.
If you have questions regarding your eligibility for the USU DI, please contact us.
|←Back to Prospective Interns Information||How to Apply→|