Applicants considering the Utah State University Dietetic Internship must meet the following minimum selection criteria to be considered for the internship:
- Applicants should be completing an accredited nutrition/dietetics program and receiving a DPD Verification Statement OR be a graduate of an accredited program with a DPD Verification Statement.
- Applicants with a DPD Verification Statements more than 4 years old at the time of application may have to meet additional requirements. Please review our Recency of Education Policy.
- Overall DPD GPA of 3.0 or greater:
- This is the combined GPA for the Core Professional and Science DPD Courses on your DPD program's course list. Contact your DPD Director for a copy of the course list.
- The USU DI does not "round up". An applicant with an overall DPD GPA of 2.99 will not be considered.
- No Ds or Fs in any course on your DPD program's course list.
- This includes D+, D, and D-.
- A minimum of 400 hours of work or volunteer experience. Please review our list of Work and Volunteer Experience and how to include this information in your application.
- Hours completed as a requirement of your DPD program cannot be counted toward your total 400 hours. However, you are encouraged to include them on your application as they will reflect your overall experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants with >1000 hours of work or volunteer experience.
- The USU DI does not require the GRE.
Applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria and submit all required documentation with their application will be invited for a phone interview.
If you have questions regarding your eligibility for the USU DI please contact us.
|←Back to Prospective Interns Information||How to Apply→|